image: Adriana M. Barraza/WENN.com
Braids are the perfect way to stylishly combat the heat and Diane Kruger‘s unique peekaboo braid is a fantastic alternative to the traditional French or Heidi braid. To find out how to get this look at home, we turned to L’Oréal Professionnel Artist and New York Fashion Week mainstay, Amit Abraham, for a step-by-step guide.
- Prep wet hair with L’Oréal Professionnel Mythic Oil Reinforcing Milk and blowdry hair until it is about 80 percent dry (always blowdry in the direction of the cuticle).
- Lightly mist hair with Thickening Primer to build density and root elevation, then blowdry hair completely.
- Separate hair in a horseshoe section from front to back, ear to ear.
- Separate a football-shaped section from hairline to nape about four inches thick at the widest point and create a three-strand braid tight to the scalp before securing at nape with an elastic band (to make braiding easier and ensure it is clean and neat, spray L’Oréal Professionnel Infinium 3 closely at the roots, so it comes out wet — this will help with separating the hair when braiding and keep hair tighter to the scalp).
- Take remaining hair and create a loose, three-strand braid starting with two sections on one side of the existing braid as to reveal the inner braid.
- Create first tie or weave of braid at the occipital, then secure the braid with a clear elastic four to five inches from the nape to allow the rest of the hair to fall naturally.
- Finish by pulling out pieces around the face to create some softness and spray with Infinium 3 for flexible hold.