Sick of the same ol’ same ol’ when it comes to your nails? Then mix things up and try something different. These three manicures are totally worth trying!
1. A Vegan Friendly Manicure (with a Crazy Good Nail Artist!)
Roland Mouret Fall 2013, image: IMAXtree
Believe it or not, all manicures at Assembly salon in L.A. are vegan-friendly, plus the line of polishes they use (Zoya) is free of the big 5 toxins found in most nail polishes. As if that wasn’t enough, Assembly nail artist Patty Cakes, AKA Pattricia Garcia, was named one of WWD’s It Girls of Nail Art. Whatever you want, she can customize it for you on the spot! For example, a client asked for “Wicked” themed nails recently, as she was taking her mother to see the musical and wanted to match her mani to the occasion. Patty created a mani right then and there that included jewels and portraits of the characters.
- $15 additional for an ombre manicure or pedicure
- Studs, pearls, gems, and charms range from $3 to $10 per nail depending on the level of detail and coverage painted on
- Nail designs are $3-$5 per nail
- Hand-painted portraits and characters are $10 per nail
- Hand-crafted acrylic 3D shapes and characters, such as hello kitty or flowers or even sweet treats like ice cream cones, are $10 per nail.