As someone who gives herself no more than 15 minutes to get out of bed and out the door on most mornings, I’ve learned a thing or two about putting together a time-optimized beauty routine. Here are 10 things to consider to help speed up your beauty routine.
- Do your hair the night before and get a haircut that requires minimal maintenance.
- Extend the time between blowouts by soaking up excess oil with dry shampoo.
- Use multitasking products; for example, a foundation formulated with SPF or a balm that doubles as a lip treatment and blush.
- Make sure that all of the products you use in the shower — whether it be body wash, body scrub, razor or something else — have built-in moisturizers.
- Opt for a facial mist if you don’t have time to cleanse (your face doesn’t tend to get dirty while you sleep) — they’re easy to apply and a quick way to revive tired skin.
- Get a brow and/or lash tint.
- Keep the makeup products you use to a minimum by going bold with one area, like a strong crimson lip or a heavily-lined eye.
- Keep your skincare, makeup and tools organized, so you’re not scrambling to find anything.
- Opt for natural-toned eye shades that don’t contrast too much with your skin tone, so you can apply your shadows a bit more haphazardly.
- Use a buffing block instead of nail polish.